- Heel pain caused by a weakness in the bone structure, leading to fractures.
How did I get this?
- Deficiencies in Vitamin D, Phosphate, and Calcium.
- Osteomalacia may be associated with Coeliac Disease, Liver and Kidney problems.
What can I do about it?
- Dietary advice and supplements
What help can I get for this?
- Xrays or scans may identify fractures.
- A Podiatrist will provide splinting or immobilisation, footwear advice and strengthening exercises.
- Your doctor may advise blood tests and medication, along with referral for dietary advice.
When will it get better?
- Appropriate dietary supplements will help strengthen bones.
- Fractures may take 3 months to stabilise.