- Heel pain is often associated with Chron’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis.
How did I get this?
- There is a higher incidence of inflammation in the heel where the achilles tendon and the plantar fascia attach.
What can I do about it?
- Use immunosuppressant and pain relief if prescrib
What help can I get for this?
- Scans may identify inflammatory hot spots.
- A Podiatrist will provide splinting or immobilisation, orthotics, footwear advice and strengthening exercises.
- Your doctor may advise blood tests and medication, and possibly referral to a rheumatologist.
When will it get better?
- Managing the symptoms may provide fast relief, but treatment will be long term and involve appropriate footwear and support to reduce load on the painful areas.